Hi there I really want to start a freshwater aquarium, and I'm looking for a smaller sized tank, probably about 15 gal, just wondering what kind of fish should I get? I have my heart set on an angelfish, but just one, and I don't really want to breed. Can you have just one angelfish in a tank that small? What other fish should I go with? I'm looking for a brightly colouresdset up, something striking. If an angelfish isn't the right option, then can you suggest some other combinations which might be striking? Not looking for too many fish either. Thanks in advance!
Is makeing a freshwter aquarium just as fun as a salt water aquarium i have two freshwater fish but there sperate (senegal birchir and a marble goby) but im just asking cuz i want to make a aquarium but i cant chose between salt and fresh salts more expensive but the animals are more intresting by the way can you direct me to a fresh water fish dealer please dont put liveaquaria i already check there all they have is small fish.And couple of big ones. ment to say seperate
Can anyone recommend a decent aquarium store in NYC? Would like to buy some freshwater plants. Any tips would be much appreciated.
I was wondering if I should add freshwater aquarium salt to my freshwater fish tank. I went to a local pet store the other day and they recommended to use freshwater aquarium salt. They said it would make my fish healthier, but im a little worried it might kill them. Directions on Container 1 rounded table spoon per 5 gallons
I have a 46g. freshwater aquarium full of only fast moving fish (danios danios danios!) I was wondering (and hoping) that there was a 'common', easy to find in stores freshwater crab that can stay completely underwater and not have to have a place where it can climb out of the water. Is there a crab like that? If so can you give me the URL to a page with all the info about the crab(s)? No trolls please and answers from people who have experience or know what they're talking about are the best around. ;)
Aquarium Salt provides essential electrolytes freshwater fish need to reach peak coloration and vitality. Electrolytes are essential for the uptake of oxygen and the release of carbon dioxide and ammonia. The lack of electrolytes may cause serious health problems. API Aquarium Salt, made form evaporated sea water, provides the essential electrolytes fish need to thrive in an aquarium. Use when setting up a freshwater aquarium or fish bowl, changing water and treating fish disease. Treats up to 107 U.S. gallons.
API Aquarium Treatment Supplies are designed to work in conjunction with each other to provide best results to control algae promote healthy bacterial growth and help control and cure fish diseases and conditions such as ich and fin rot. They work to provide a safe hospitable environment for fish such as tropical community fish cichlids goldfish and more. With API you can spend more time admiring your fish and less time scrubbing your tankFeatures
- API Activated Filter Carbon clears aquarium water by removing organic waste colors odors and dissolved medications.
- May be used in any aquarium filter as an all-natural means of clarifying water.
- Use when setting up a new aquarium or in established aquariums to improve water clarity.
- For freshwater saltwater and reef aquariums. May also be used in ornamental ponds.
- Use as directed on product label. With API Aquarium products it's easy to keep a beautiful saltwater freshwater or reef aquarium.
- For over 50 years API has been creating innovative research-driven solutions that make it easier to care for your fish and aquarium.
- Capacity - 22 oz.
Maintaining good water quality is the key to successful fishkeeping. With the API Freshwater Master Test Kit you can test the most important levels in your freshwater aquarium. Plus, this kit includes step-by-step instructions on how to perform each test, how to interpret the results, and how to correct unsafe water conditions. Includes Freshwater pH, High Range pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate. Kit features computer-analyzed laminated color cards, instruction booklet, 4 test tubes, a holding tray and test tube rack.
- Colorful & detailed 3 Head Tiki adds a cool Tahitian theme
- Includes swim through holes for added fun
- Perfectly sized for medium-large freshwater tanks
- Made of non-toxic fish-safe materials and colors
- Decor provides shelter and hiding places fish need to help reduce stress
- Made of high-quality resin
- Decorative clamshells in assorted colors
- Accented with sparkles and its own pearl
- Beautiful ornament for any fish tank
- Fish don't have shells but maybe yours want to hang out in the Penn Plax Clamshell Aquarium Ornament
- This classic piece of aquarium décor is perfect for underwater settings whether freshwater or saltwater
- It's crafted of fish-safe non-toxic resin
- Dimension - 5 L x 5 W x 3 H in.
Aqueon Pro Submersible Aquarium Heater works to reliably regulate the temperature in your fish tank with precision. This heater is appropriate for both freshwater and saltwater tanks and can be completely submerged in the water. The advanced technology allows you to control the heat of your tank, allowing you to set its temperature to anywhere between 68°F to 88°F to within 1°F of accuracy! The Aqueon Pro Submersible Aquarium Heater includes a lamp to indicate its state of power and a fail-safe to switch off if the tank begins to overheat. Though this heater takes 300 Watts- a more conservative 50 Watt heater is also available. This is the ideal heater for any large fish tank- so order now! Key Features: Precise temperature to within 1°F of accuracy Shatter resistant construction Safety features built in to prevent overheating
- The insufficient KH (carbonate hardness) will suddenly change the stable pH of water. The rapid fluctuation of pH will severely impact the life of aquarium life then ruin the normal ecological system. There is no normal and safe pH condition without firm and stable KH value. To keep the correct balanced KH value is very important rather than only measure the pH of water but it is usually neglected by the hobbyists.
- The safe KH value normally is 9-11 degree for marine tank to lead the stable pH condition. Especially to the invertebrate aquarium the fair KH condition is the key point to maintain the tank in very long term. To those freshwater plant aquarium need relative KH condition and African cichlid 3-5 degrees of KH is necessary.
- ST international Test KH can accurately read the correct KH value and offer the best suggestion to your maintenance of water quality. The ST international KH builder will easily raise KH up and keep it at the safe and stable condition from its well prescription for those environments in insufficient KH.
- Dimension - 3 x 1.5 x 1.5 in.
- Item weight - 0.1 lbs.
Independently proven to instantly cycle an aquarium StartSmart Complete is your All-In-One aquarium additive. StartSmart Complete is 100% live bacteria non-toxic non-pathogenic and completely safe for all fish and desirable aquatic plants